Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Home to more than 500 Islands, featuring turquoise blue waters and palm-fringed beaches, Andaman and Nicobar Islands offer a little slice of Paradise to its tourists. Located in the Bay of Bengal, this Island is a captivating and picturesque holiday destination. If clear skies, white sand beaches, azure waters, and swaying palm trees are attracting you then pack your bags for the Andaman and Nicobar Islands trip! Included as one of the most popular tourist destinations of India, a trip to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands will make your trip unforgettable.
My 5-Day Andaman and Nicobar Islands Family Tour Itinerary
A paradise for honeymoon couples, a beautiful holiday destination for family, and an adventurous spot for adventure lovers. I traveled to Andaman with my family in 2014. When the plane entered Andaman, we started seeing little islands, and our faces lit up brightly. Andaman and Nicobar Islands trip was the greatest experience that cannot be described in words but can be experienced. In this article, I’ll share my experience and 5-day Andaman and Nicobar Islands tour itinerary with you. So never forget to read the full article.
Top Sightseeing Places We Covered in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Cellular Jail
- Radha Nagar Beach
- Corbyn’s Cove Beach
- Ross Island
- North Bay Island
- Chidiya Tapu
- Jogger’s Park
- Samudrika Naval Marine Museum
- Shopping at Sagarika Government Emporium
5 Days Family Holiday Tour Itinerary – Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Day 1: Arrival in Port Blair, Corbyn’s Cove Beach, and Light and Sound Show
Day 2: Ross Island, North Bay Island, and Chidiya Tapu
Day 3: Pay a visit to Cellular Jail and Samudrika Naval Museum and Headed to Havelock Island
Day 4: Visit Radhanagar beach and Departure from Havelock to Portblair
Day 5: Morning visit at Jogger’s Park, then Shopping, and Departure
1. Strolling at Corbyn’s Cove Beach
We arrived at Portblair at 2.00 p.m. and after check-in our hotel and having some refreshments we headed to Corbyn’s Cove Beach. The lush green coconut palm trees, white sand, and azure water make it a picture-perfect view for photography. While walking on the beaches and enjoying the pleasant weather all our tiredness went away in no time and it was a great experience for us which can never be forgotten. This place was not only a treat for our souls but also for our eyes. You can enjoy different water activities here such as speedboats, banana boat rides, and jet skiing. We enjoyed the Speedboat ride.
- Cost of Speedboat Ride: INR 600
- Cost of Jet Ski Ride: INR 500
- Cost of Scuba Diving: INR 3,480
2. Light and Sound Show at Cellular Jail
After having fun at Corbyn’s Cove Beach, we headed to Cellular Jail where we attended the light and sound show starting at 6 p.m. The light and sound show transformed the Cellular Jail into a beautiful stage for live performances narrating the heart-wrenching history of the freedom movement along with the lives of inmates of the prison during the British era.
Cost of Light and Sound Show: INR 50 for Adults, INR 25 for Children
3. Witnessing the ruins of Ross Island
On the next day of our 5 days Andaman tour itinerary, we headed to Ross Island which is just 5 km away from Portblair. Ross Island was once the seat of the British Empire, now completely an uninhabited island. You can witness the ruins of a church, store, bakery, water treatment plant, hospital, swimming pool, and other institutions. To get to Ross Island you need to take a ferry which is a fifteen-minute ride.
Cost of ferry: INR 150 – INR 500
4. Glass Bottom Boating at North Bay Island
If you do not want to do scuba diving and snorkeling then glass bottom boating at North Bay Island is the best way to explore underwater coral reefs without even you getting underwater. We enjoyed seeing underwater coral reefs without even getting underwater and it was a great experience.
Cost of Glass Bottom Boat Ride: INR 1850
5. Enjoyed Bird chirping and a beautiful Sunset view at Chidiya Tapu
The drive to Chidiya Tapu Beach is an exhilarating experience. After coming from North Bay Island, we went to this stunning place located on the southernmost tip of South Andaman. The place offers a stunning view of Sunset on a clear day which is soothing to the eyes. We spent our quality time sitting on the white sand. Also, we enjoyed the rain while taking refreshments in a hut-like rest house.
6. A dip into Marine Life at Samudrika Naval Marine Museum
It was our day 3 of 5 days Andaman tour itinerary and after breakfast, we checked out from the Hotel and stepped into Samudrika Naval marine museum at 9.30 a.m. Located at a distance of 9 km from the central Portblair area, this museum offers the island’s ecosystem, animals, plants, marine life, and tribal communities. At the entrance of this museum, you will find the skeleton of a Blue Whale. Run by Indian Navy the museum has five galleries on different subjects such as History, Geography, Marine Life, Fauna and Flora, and Anthropology.
Entry Fee: INR 50 for Adults, INR 25 for Children
7. Cellular Jail – Witness the Struggles of Freedom Fighters
Located at the North-East corner of Portblair City, Cellular Jail – a national memorial is a must-visit place, which is close to Aberdeen Jetty, Marina Park, and Water Sports Complex. We reached Cellular Jail and witness the struggle of our freedom fighters. Commonly known as “Kaala Pani”, this historic prison reminds us of the darkest chapter of the Indian Freedom struggle and makes for a sobering look into the past and soul-stirring experience. The structure of the Cellular Jail is as terrifying as its tales.
- Cellular Jail Museum offers the history of the place and the story of the inmates
- The Photo Gallery and exhibitions display India’s fight for freedom
- The Library has numerous books about the freedom movement
- Veer Savarkar’s Cell
Entry Fee: INR 30 for Indians, INR 100 for Foreigners
8. Stepped into Heaven – Havelock Island via Makruzz
After having lunch, we started our journey through Havelock Island by hopping on M.V. Makruzz Cruise. Undoubtedly the best cruise in Andaman, Makruzz offers connectivity between Portblair and Havelock. It took almost 2.5 hours to reach Havelock. Havelock Island offers breathtaking views of palm trees, crystal-clear water, and coral reefs. Stepped out from the Makruzz, we clicked some beautiful pictures and headed to our Resort. The key feature of this resort had a private beach, so after taking some rest we went to have fun on the beach.
Cost of Makruzz Ferry: INR 1150 per Person
9. Relaxing at Radhanagar Beach
The most amazing thing to do in our 5 days Andaman tour itinerary, was spent at Radhanagar Beach. Radhanagar Beach situated on Havelock island is like a beautiful dream for tourists like us who are planning to trip to Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Included as one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia, Radhanagar Beach offers a clear blue sky and white sand, with the turquoise blue sea on the one end and lush green coconut palm trees on the other making this place more stunning. The best time to visit this place is during the winter season from November to February and we chose that perfect time to experience the beauty of this stunning beach.
10. Return to Portblair
After having fun at Radhanagar Beach, we bid adieu to Havelock and hopped on the Makruzz ferry at 3 p.m.
11. Morning Visit at Jogger’s Parks to View the Port Blair Runway
Day 5 was about to say a warm goodbye to this wonderful place but our flight was at 1 p.m. and we wanted to spend some quality time here. So the morning started with Jogger’s Park, a beautiful park that offers an amazing view of Portblair Runway.
12. Shopping at Sagarika Emporium
If you’ve come to Portblair and didn’t do shopping then you’ve missed something. Sagarika Government Emporium offers the best souvenirs to buy on this island. You can see a wide variety of handicraft items which is completely authentic and beautiful at this shopping center. The handicraft items are made up of seashells, coconut shells, bamboo, and wood. You can also find pearl jewelry here. We bought souvenirs including pearl jewelry, Shankhs, and other gift items made of seashells at Sagarika Emporium.
13. Departure from Portblair
At noon we got transferred to Veer Savarkar Airport. We came back home with these cherished moments.
Best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands
If you are coming to Andaman and Nicobar Islands then you can enjoy the best moments here with your family and friends.
- October to March: If you want to make the most out of the Andaman tour then the winter season is the best time of the year to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. We planned our 5-day Andaman tour Itinerary in November when the weather was pleasant.
- April to June: It’s hotter than the Winter Season. But if you’re planning your trip in the summer, then April is best.
- July to September: It is better to avoid visiting Andaman and Nicobar Islands during the monsoon.
How to Reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The major airport in Andaman and Nicobar Islands is Veer Savarkar Airport.
- By air: You can reach Andaman by air. We took a connected flight from Delhi as there is no direct flight from Jaipur to Port Blair. Major cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai are directly connected to Andaman by air.
- By Ship: It takes 2-3 days to reach Andaman by cruise. Kolkata, Chennai, and Vizag connected to Andaman and Nicobar Islands by ship.
Where to Stay in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman and Nicobar Islands offer a wide range of hotels and resorts (luxury and budget) to stay. You can choose according to your convenience. All the accommodations i.e. hotels and resorts we stayed at during our 5 days Andaman tour itinerary were amazing. Here we did not face any kind of problems. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the hospitality was amazing. The food served in those hotels and resorts was lip-smacking with different varieties so we had our breakfast and dinner at the hotel itself.
Here is the name of the Hotels and Resorts we stayed at:
- Port Blair – Hotel Sliverspring
- Port Blair – Hotel Shompen
- Havelock – TSG Blue Resort
Street Shopping in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
If we talk about shopping in Andaman then Sagarika’s name comes first. Sagarika Government Emporium is a shopping center in Andaman where you can buy various souvenirs such as handicraft items, pearl jewelry, and a lot more.
Andaman and Nicobar Travel Tips
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the most popular tourist destinations of India so it is better to plan in advance to avoid hassles in traveling. Make sure you have booked your flight in advance to avail the benefits of the discount.
- Confirm your hotel and resort twice with your Travel Agency.
- If you want to visit some specific areas such as tribal areas and the Nicobar Islands then you need a special permit. Make sure to apply for the permits in advance.
- Pack appropriate things such as sunglasses, sunscreen, lightweight clothes, and a good pair of walking shoes.
- Always carry a water bottle with you to stay hydrated. In our 5-day Andaman tour itinerary, we never forget to carry a water bottle with us.
- The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to several fragile ecosystems, so be a responsible tourist and avoid littering.
- Have a BSNL communication for better connection in Andaman.
What makes the Andaman and Nicobar Islands a Unique and Exciting Destination
- The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to over 270 species of birds, 96 species of mammals, and more than 1000 species of marine life. Home to a unique and diverse ecosystem with a rich diversity of fauna and flora.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands boast some of the most captivating beaches with turquoise blue water and white sand shores. You can enjoy here a wide range of watersports including snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands are reminiscent of the struggles of India’s freedom fighters. This island has played an important role in the history of India and reminds us of India’s struggle for Independence.
- If you are seeking thrilling activities then Andaman and Nicobar Islands welcome you. It is an excellent destination for adventure seekers.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are truly a bliss of nature whose beauty mesmerizes everyone when coming here. For some, this place offers the grand beauty of nature, for some, it is a thrilling experience, and for some, it is a treasure trove of marine life. In our 5 days Andaman and Nicobar Islands tour itinerary we made the most attractions of this place.
Then what are you waiting for? Fetch out some quality time from your tight schedule, book your tickets, and enjoy your holiday at this amazing place.
PIN IT FOR LATER